We are excited to have the support of the following Sponsors for the 2016 Conference and for their valuable contribution towards the success of STARS.
National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education
It’s 2016. Students expect to be connected all the time. Connect them with UCROO.
UCROO is a web and mobile application that integrates with your existing systems (LMS, SIS, etc.) to add a thriving ‘online campus’ where students can connect, collaborate and support each other.
Academic institutions in Australia and the U.S. use UCROO to:
- Enhance peer-to-peer interaction, support and sense of belonging
- Increase student discussion and social learning around coursework
- Capture student activity and ag unsatis ed and at-risk students
- Deliver communications via push noti cations (and reduce email load)
- Increase connection with student support services
- Improve mentor program management and interaction
- Better connect students with student organisations and events
UCROO can also be utilised to connect students with other systems (LMS, email, timetable, etc.) and can now be white-labelled to become your university social network.
As a long-term sponsor of STARS, UCROO provides discounted subscription fees to universities with delegates at the Conference.
Visit the UCROO booth to nd out more.
P: 0403 571 564
About the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE):
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE) at Curtin University is a research centre dedicated to informing public policy design and implementation, and institutional practice, in order to improve higher education participation and success for marginalised and disadvantaged people.
The centre’s objectives are:
- to be at the centre of public policy dialogue about equity in higher education, and
- to ‘close the gap’ between equity policy, research and practice by:
- supporting and informing evaluation of current equity practice with a particular focus on identifying good practice
- identifying innovative approaches to equity through existing research and the development of a forward research program to fill gaps in knowledge, and
- translating these learnings into practical advice for decision makers and practitioners alike.
Follow us on Twitter | @NCSEHE
Google+ | NcseheEduAu
Expert, after-hours study support online, and at scale
YourTutor extends your University’s student support to reach more students every day with personalised, expert study help online. Whether distance or on-campus, students get the study help they need right when they need it – even late at night or on weekends. With YourTutor, you can ease their transition to University study, improve performance, and increase satisfaction and completion rates.
To date, YourTutor partners with over 25% of Australian Universities to complete the students’ experience. With 13 years of data-driven provisioning, an exclusive, stringently managed network of expert tutors, and a quarter of a million tutorials delivered annually, YourTutor has been trusted by educators for over a decade to turn moments of frustration and low confidence into study success.
Help your students complete their journey with the best academic outcome, and provide the support your first-year students expect of a world-class student experience, with YourTutor.
“Thank you for being encouraging. I appreciate that you point out the good as well as what needs improvement. I’ve been telling people about this wonderful service. I believe your feedback is the reason I didn’t quit my course at census date.”
– Lee, Bachelor of Education student
Learn more: yourtutor.edu.au/stars2016