We are excited to have the support of the following Sponsors for the 2019 Conference and for their valuable contribution towards the success of STARS.
The National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE) is a research and policy centre funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, and based at Curtin University. The NCSEHE provides national leadership in student equity in higher education, connecting research, policy and practice to improve higher education participation and success for marginalised and disadvantaged people.
The NCSEHE’s diverse activities focus on strengthening Australia’s research quality, capability and capacity to build a robust evidence base;
and informing evidence-based policy design and implementation, and institutional best practice.
The NCSEHE conducts a broad scope of activities including:
- research-based projects both independently and in collaboration with other organisations, funded through external grants or through
- the NCSEHE Research Grants Program
- equity policy and program evaluation
- Research Fellowships and Equity Fellowships • student equity data analysis, online resources and briefing notes
- print and digital publications
- collaborative and independent events
- representation at national and international conferences
- an emphasis on effective communication through channels including: website, electronic newsletters, social media and general media exposure.
The Centre has established a strong national presence, engaging with key stakeholders and maintaining sector-wide partnerships to enhance outcomes and delivery of research and recommendations. The growing reputation and influence of the Centre has contributed to student equity becoming firmly incorporated into higher education policy.
We’re the world’s learning company, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services powered by technology. Our products and services are used by teachers and learners around Australia and the world every day.
Our mission is to help people make progress in their lives through learning – because we believe that learning opens up opportunities, creating fulfilling careers and better lives.